Benefits of Using uPVC in Doors and Windows
14th September 2020
Many modern homes are transitioning to getting uPVC windows and doors. The reason for this is simple – this material offers tons of advantages. To begin with, uPVC is a rigid and durable material. It can withstand heavy-duty and frequent usage. Not yet convinced about them? Let’s dive further into the advantages of uPVC doors and windows and why you should have a professional UPVC Cleaning service in Stockport.
The Advantages of uPVC Doors and Windows
- Easy to Maintain – uPVC windows don’t need as much cleaning or maintenance work as other materials. You can easily clean them using a cloth dipped in soap and hot water solution. Cleaning your uPVC windows and doors every once in a while is enough to keep them looking great.
- Durable – This material is tough and can withstand rough usage. It also does not succumb to harsh weather conditions.
- Resistant to Corrosion – uPVC windows and doors are resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Thermally Efficient – uPVC is a non-conductive material. This means that it contributes to a consistent temperature inside a building or home. If you want energy-efficient windows, combine double glazing with uPVC window frames.
- Environmentally Friendly – Unlike PVC, uPVC does not contain BPA or phthalates (which are environmentally toxic chemical compounds). Plus, uPVC is recyclable.
- Flexible Opening – These windows can be made to open in two directions, making it possible to enjoy cross ventilation.
- Natural Insulators – uPVC windows offer acoustic insulation by cutting down noise by up to 70 percent.
- Suitable for Coastal Homes – Because of this material’s ability to withstand salt-laden air without corroding, uPVC doors and windows are perfect for properties in coastal areas.
- High Security – These windows can incorporate multiple locking systems to provide your building top-notch security. Most uPVC windows feature multiple locking systems around the frame and sash.
- Attractive – What’s functionality if the product in question isn’t aesthetically pleasing, right? With uPVC doors and windows you get both durability and aesthetics.
- Proper Drainage – uPVC windows come with built-in drainage systems that prevent water stagnation. This drainage system also prevents water spillage.
A Wide Range of Options to Choose From
uPVC is a material that you can mold into various shapes and forms. You also have an endless list of options with their colour. Unwilling to spend too much money on a wooden door? You can ask for your uPVC door or windows to be made to resemble the wooden door/window you want. Another advantage of uPVC windows is that they can be made to open and close in many different styles.
A Budget-friendly Material for All Homes
uPVC is short for Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride. This low-maintenance material is a cheaper, but equally good-looking alternative to expensive wood. Other than door and window construction, uPVC is also commonly present in piping, dental, and medical equipment.
Popular Types of uPVC Doors and Windows
A list of the most popular styles of uPVC doors includes sliding, slide-and fold, French, lift-and-slide, and casement doors.
Some popular styles of uPVC windows are tilt-and-turn, sliding, fixed, casement, and glass-to-glass windows. Keep your UPVC doors and windows clean with a Stockport-based company of UPVC cleaners.