Conservatory Cleaning: The Do’s and Don’ts
7th July 2021
While most people do not take conservatory cleaning very seriously, it is, in fact, extremely important. If you want your conservatory looking clean and shiny all throughout the year, you should at least clean it twice a year. This will not only help you keep it clean but also eliminate the build-up of debris and dirt, which can sometimes damage your precious conservatory.
As simple as it sounds, cleaning your conservatory requires a huge amount of time and effort. Besides that, there are also a bunch of things that you should keep in mind when you’re cleaning your conservatory. This is why you should hire a professional conservatory cleaning company in Manchester to help you.
In this article, we will be talking about some of the do’s and don’ts that you should remember while cleaning your conservatory. These points will help you clean your conservatory effectively and ensure that you don’t cause any damage. Following these tips in the right way will also save you a lot of money in the long run.
So, without any further delay, let us look at some of the do’s and don’ts to remember while cleaning your conservatory:
The Do’s of Conservatory Cleaning
- Always make sure to clean your gutters: When you’re cleaning your conservatory, it is easy to forget to clean out the gutters. This may seem like a small error, but it can cause you many problems in the long run. When you leave your gutters without cleaning, the debris and dirt can block the path, which will cause an overflow of water. This water will further pour out on your windows and frame and may damage your conservatory.
- Clean inside and out: When you clean your conservatory, you should also always remember to clean both the inside and the out. Leaving your conservatory half cleaned is just a waste of your time, and it will not look as good as it can be. So, put in some time and clean it thoroughly, including the doors and windows as well.
- Check your hinges and locks: If you leave your conservatory without cleaning for a long time, you will definitely notice some dirt on the hinges and locks as well. It is important to clean them off as well. If you can, try to put some oil on them so that they can function for a long time.
The Don’ts of Conservatory Cleaning
- Avoid spirit-based cleaners: Using spirit-based cleaners for your conservatory may seem like a good idea when you’re trying to keep them looking good as new. However, using any type of harsh solutions or spirit based cleaners can have the totally opposite results. They can cause some irreversible damage to your conservatory’s uPVC, which is something you want to avoid at all costs.
- Avoid Pressure Washers: It is not uncommon to see people using pressure washers to clean their inventory as they are highly effective. However, like spirit based cleaners, they can also have the opposite reaction. The use of pressure washers usually tends to damage your conservatory’s seal.
- Avoid abrasive tools for cleaning: When you want to remove those stubborn stains on your conservatory, you may be tempted to use something a bit abrasive or rough. However, as useful as they may seem, using brushes or hard sponges can damage your conservatory.