Everything you should know about roof cleaning services
23rd May 2022
Roof cleaning is probably the last thing in your to do list. But it is one of the major tasks and you should not take roof cleaning for granted. Roofing is a huge investment and protects the structure from harmful weather. It keeps everyone comfortable. Cleaning the roof regularly prolongs their lifespan. You should make sure the roof are free from dirt, debris, algae and mosses. This article explains you everything about cleaning your roof. It answers the following questions:
- When should I clean my roos? How often?
- Should I hire a roof cleaner?
- What are the benefits of hiring a roof cleaner?
What is roof cleaning?
It is the process of removing mold, algae, lichens and mildew from the roof. Cleaning the roof also includes removing oxidation on the metal roof structures.
Why is it important to clean your roof?
- The algae and other microorganisms build-up on the parts of the roof that is shaded. If not removed, the algae may permanently damage the roof.
- Regularly cleaning your roof increases their lifespan. It removes moisture accumulation. Moisture in the roof aids in bacterial growth. The bacterial feed off the structural integrity of the roof.
- Roof cleaning provides a new and appealing look to your roof. They prevent you from prematurely building a new roof.
Should I hire a roof cleaner?
Yes. Cleaning the roof is time consuming and labour intensive. As you are inexperienced, you may end up damaging your roof. On the other hand, a professional knows to handle your roof cleaning the right way.
At Just Clean Property Care, we are renowned for our professional roof cleaning services in Southport. Our team of local roof cleaners are just a phone call away!
How often should I clean my roof?
At least once a year
How to hire a roof cleaner?
While you hire a roof cleaning service, check on the following:
- Make sure he is legally compliant.
- Ask for his paper works.
- Makes sure he is insured.
- Enquire if he provides guarantee.
- Ask him if he makes roof assessments before starting the work.
- Enquire about his washing methods, types of cleaning equipment used.
- A good roof cleaner avoids high pressure cleaning. Most of the roof parts are delicate and cannot withstand high pressure. Therefore, it is important that you learn his cleaning processes beforehand.
- Ask him if he will use strong chemicals.
- Last but not the least, make sure he is licensed.
Questions to ask a roof cleaner
- Ask the following questions to select the right roof cleaning service:
- What is your experience in the field?
- How do your provide surety for your job?
- Can you provide me with your previous customer reviews?
- Do you provide maintenance services along with cleaning services?
- Do you offer roof inspection?
Things to know about roof washing
Roof cleaning is not DIY job. It requires professional assistance for sure. You should clean your old roof with soft wash system. The algae and the mosses on the roof are unsightly and cause severe damages to the roofing structures. The debris in the shingles are not visible from the ground but cause serious damages if not removed on time. Roof cleaners are not expensive but a valuable investment!