How to Clean Your Conservatory Windows Without Leaving Streaks
30th May 2023
Conservatory windows are a beautiful addition to any home, offering natural light and stunning views. However, keeping them clean can be a daunting task, especially if you don’t know the best methods to prevent streaks.
At Just Clean Property Care, our team of expert conservatory cleaners in Bolton has years of experience in cleaning conservatory windows, and we’d like to share our tips with you. Follow these simple steps to achieve sparkling, streak-free windows, every time.
Tools needed for cleaning conservatory windows
Before you begin cleaning your conservatory windows, it’s important to gather the right tools. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bucket: A large bucket will be useful for holding water and cleaning solution.
- Cleaning solution: You can use a commercial window cleaner or make your own solution by mixing equal parts water and vinegar.
- Squeegee: A squeegee is a must-have tool for cleaning windows without leaving streaks. Choose one with a rubber blade for the best results.
- Microfiber cloth: A microfiber cloth is gentle on your windows and will help to remove any remaining streaks.
- Extension pole: An extension pole will make it easier to reach high or hard-to-reach areas of your conservatory windows.
- Ladder: If you have a conservatory with a high roof, you may need a ladder to reach the top of the windows. Make sure to use the ladder safely and have someone to hold it steady.
Now that you have all the necessary tools, let’s move on to the cleaning process.
Steps to cleaning conservatory windows
- Prepare the cleaning solution: In a large bucket, mix equal parts water and vinegar to create your cleaning solution.
- Wet the windows: Using a hose or a spray bottle, wet the entire window, starting from the top.
- Apply the cleaning solution: Dip your squeegee into the cleaning solution and starting from the top left corner, apply the cleaning solution in a horizontal motion across the window.
- Use the squeegee to remove the cleaning solution: Starting from the top left corner again, use the squeegee to remove the cleaning solution in a vertical motion. Make sure to wipe the blade with a microfiber cloth after each swipe to avoid streaks.
- Dry the window with a microfiber cloth: After removing the cleaning solution with the squeegee, use a microfiber cloth to dry the window, starting from the top left corner. This will remove any remaining streaks and leave your window sparkling clean.
- Repeat on the other side: Repeat the same process on the other side of the window, making sure to wet the entire surface before applying the cleaning solution.
- Clean the window frame: Finally, use a damp cloth to clean the window frame, removing any dirt or grime that may have accumulated over time.
By following these simple steps, you can clean your conservatory windows without leaving any streaks. If you don’t have the time or energy to do it yourself, contact Just Clean Property Care for professional conservatory cleaning services in Bolton. Our team of experts will ensure that your windows are spotless and looking their best.
Tips for removing stubborn stains
While cleaning your conservatory windows, you may come across stubborn stains that refuse to budge with your regular cleaning solution. Here are some tips to help you remove those stubborn stains:
- Use a magic eraser: Magic erasers are excellent for removing stubborn stains on windows. Wet the magic eraser and gently rub the stained area until the stain disappears.
- Try baking soda: Baking soda is a natural abrasive that can help remove stubborn stains. Make a paste by mixing baking soda with water and apply it to the stained area. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off with a damp cloth.
- Use vinegar: Vinegar is a powerful cleaning agent that can help break down stubborn stains. Apply a small amount of vinegar directly to the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it away with a damp cloth.
- Try a commercial window cleaner: If all else fails, try a commercial window cleaner that is designed to remove stubborn stains. Follow the instructions on the label carefully and test the product on a small area first to ensure that it does not damage your window.
By using these tips, you can effectively remove stubborn stains from your conservatory windows. However, if you are unsure or don’t have the time to do it yourself, don’t hesitate to contact Just Clean Property Care for professional conservatory cleaning services. We have the expertise and tools to handle even the toughest stains and leave your windows looking brand new.