What you’ll need to clean a conservatory
28th September 2021
Some people prefer to clean their conservatory themselves, but a lot of them use a professional conservatory cleaner instead to ensure the best results from conservatory cleaning in Manchester.
I, too, have a conservatory attached to my house, which is great for growing plants. However, it was almost always dirty, no matter how much I cleaned it, so after a lot of trial and error, I’ve found what’s needed to clean it effectively.
Maintaining a clean conservatory
For many people, the conservatory is a significant part of the house. It is a place where people can have fun, relax, or choose to grow plants and veggies. As it is used a lot, it starts to get dirty easily; thus, to maintain a good-looking conservatory, there are a few essential things you’ll need.
It can be a bit of a challenge to know what items are needed for cleaning your conservatory. Some people even ask if they should use baking soda for cleaning, but this is actually not the best idea when it comes to conservatories.
Things you’ll need
Here is a list of basic things you need to clean a conservatory:
- A broom.
- A bucket of soapy water. (You could also make a cleaning solution with one part water and one part vinegar. Alternatively, use a proprietary cleaning product designed for use on conservatories).
- Rubber gloves and a face mask.
- In addition to everyday cleaning supplies, you’ll need an old sheet and a vacuum with a hose attachment.The old sheet is for catching falling debris from the ceiling while you’re washing it. You will use the vacuum attachment for rinsing the gutters and the inside of the glass dome.
How to set it to work
Follow these simple steps to do the cleaning process:
- The first thing you need to do is tidy up the conservatory. This means that you have to remove any rubbish that may have accumulated there, for example, cigarette ends or plant remains.
- The next step you need to do is clean the floor of the conservatory with a vacuum cleaner. Vacuum cleaners are beneficial for this because they are quite handy and easy to use. You can get one from any trusted department store or hardware shop.
- After cleaning the floor, it is time to clean the windows, which are also very important in the conservatory. A lot of sunlight comes through them, so this makes them more prone to dirt than other windows in your house. You can buy special cleaning materials, especially for cleaning windows, but if you don’t have any of these, then you can use vinegar and newspaper instead.
- The last thing you need to do is clean the plants (if any) in your conservatory. This helps to keep them healthy by preventing dirt from building up on their leaves and stems.
No matter what type of conservatory you have, there are some basic things that you can do straight away to keep it clean. Cleaning out your gutters and rainwater tanks, removing cobwebs and dusting all over may also help improve the appearance of your conservatory.
The more often these things are done throughout the year, the better your conservatory will look when summer comes around again.